Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Attend a conference or a mixer?

I touched base with Rick Party last night. He creeped into my dream this past weekend and so I figured I'd reach out. Was it a dirty dream? No. lol. He just popped out of nowhere - we were eating cake sitting on a couch while he was babysitting a friends baby.

I get the cake symbol -- I had returned from a b-day party that night. The baby might be cause I know Rick has kids (even though none of them are toddlers) Everything else who knows?...I guess my brain was just decompressing info. I just took it as a sign to give him a call.

Anyway, Rick is preparing for the radio conference he produces/organizes called I Rock The Mic. Considering I am unemployed, this would be a great opportunity to network especially in warm Miami. Right? But then I found out the conference is the weekend of my mom's b-day (Dec 4). Nevertheless, I am still considering going...Hotel is $189 per night, plane fare I haven't checked yet, but I figure approx $1500 -$2000 should be about the amount I may wind up actually spending...hmmm. The conference is right around the corner....


Then I took a look down the block...Bobbin's block or rather Bobbin's blog. I subscribe to it. It is one of my favorite VO blogs. I got an email regarding an entry of hers that posts an invite to a VO mixer -- where? in my hometown the N-Y-C! When Dec 5th? Actors, coaches, agents and other voice professionals will be there networking etc.. Guess what? yeah u already know what I am thinking...that is where I will be. This way I get to spend my mom's b-day with family as well as work towards making personal progress in this VO world. And also save some money, since the event is free.

I will Rock the Mic next year with Mr. Rick Party. In the meantime, if u r a fellow VO biz professional interested in attending the mixer, check out this link.

I already RSVP'd.

ttyl!

(to comment, click title)

No comments:

Post a Comment