Wednesday, November 5, 2008

OMG - YES WE DID!

Wow where do I begin. Yes I've been a bit incongnito on this blog as I go through a series of transitions, but today we start one of the biggest transitions in history -- the transition of Bush to Obama, a transition to a new administration that is being celebrated all over the planet.

Yes I voted for Obama. When I lost my job last month, I used some of that time to help get Obama elected. All day yesterday I spent in VA helping to get out the vote. I was back in DC on my way with friends to get something to eat on U street when we heard on the radio "...BARACK OBAMA is projected as the next President of the US." We beeped our horns, parked the car, screamed, and hugged almost everybody we saw on the street. We danced, stopped cars, screamed some more, high fived, ran up and down the street as we absorbed and celebrated the impact of this moment in history and everyones role in making it happen -- from our ancestors, educators and community leaders to our best friends, and even those we perceived as enemies. If Obama can be president, surely my dreams and your dreams can come true -- with hard work, discipline, focus, determination and, as Barak, no wait excuse me, PRESIDENT Barack Obama, has demonsrtated, we can do it with a graceciousness, humility, and compassion that inspires and uplifts everyone around you. YES WE CAN!






(to comment, click title)

No comments:

Post a Comment