Monday, November 10, 2008

Building a Home Studio

Prior to being laid off, I had already sat down with an engineer at my job, "designed" a computer based on what I wanted it to do, and then purchased one through our Dell preferred employee program. Then I got Adobe Audition, Sound Forge and Vegas editing software programs at a ridulous price (it pays to have tech friends lol). Now what? A mike of course with the proper cord and stand. Still in the process of getting those, but in doing some research, I came across this article/podcast at Voice Over Xtra. I'm glad he said I don't need a bunch of fancy stuff. Good. 'cause right now it ain't in the budget. It's informative. Check it out and peep the mustache.

Home Studio: What to Buy? Know
Your Goals & 'Don't Overthink It'


By Dan Lenard
Voice Actor & Home Studio Consultant

If you’re scratching your head over what equipment to buy for your home studio, you’re hardly alone.

Even veteran voice actors who’ve been accustomed to working in professional studios are being lured to the efficiency (work at home!) of having a home studio.

But … what to buy?

To answer, home studio consultant and voice actor Dan Lenard asks another question: “What do you want the equipment to do for you?

“Know what you want to achieve,” he says, and simplify the formula. “Don’t overthink it.”

In this podcast recorded for VoiceOverXtra, Lenard reviews misconceptions about home studios and offers advice on achieving your home studio goals. This includes the elements of a good home studio.

Lenard’s engaging delivery alone is worth the listen!

With 32 years of experience behind the mic and in commercial studios, he combines voice acting with home studio consulting to help voice actors succeed.

(The podcast is about 10minutes long, worth a listen) It really let me know that I am on my way.

To contact Dan:

Email: dansvoice@roadrunner.com
Web: www.homestudiomaster.com

No comments:

Post a Comment