Friday, August 15, 2008

Gigs & Connects Through Friends

At VOICE 2008, I heard several stories of people kind of "falling" into a gig through a friend. For example John Doe was doing a documentary and upon finding out his friend, Sue, was a radio jock, he asked her to voice the narration. Stuff like that.

So even though I have fellow VO friends, I decided to also look outside that circle. Last night, I im'd my dear friend who designs video games, and told him that if he ever needs a voice, remember me. He then went on to say he will, but that his mother-in-law, an award winning anchor woman, Reynalda Ware-Iverson, also does voiceover work. He recommeded we hook up and gave me her info.

I'm to give her a call this weekend. If she is anything like the folk I met at VOICE 2008 , and from what he told me, she is, it will be a cool connection.

(to comment, click on entry title)

No comments:

Post a Comment