Saturday, August 9, 2008

VOICE 2008 - the second day - Nancy Wolfson

I missed the General morning Session. I was busy worshipping at Bedside Baptist until the Lord raised me from the dead. I got up and rushed to Nancy Wolfson's 10:45 breakout session "Why Branding Breaks You In" I was sooooo excited to attend this workshop. I had heard and read so many positive things about Nancy (braintracksaudio.com/) and now I would get to experience her first hand.

Unfortunately, she was a tremendous disappointment. Some people are great at what they do, but aren't great at presenting it. I don't know if that was the case with Nancy. Honestly the workshop seemed like an extemporaneous run on. Very unstructured. What happened? Perhaps she had a rough day or a bad start. I don't know, but this was one workshop I had hoped would be the highlight of the conference. Hopefully I will be able to catch Nancy on a better day, especially since I know this lady knows her stuff!!

Bummed and frustrated, I left early and decided to catch the second half of the other workshop, The Technology of VO with George Whittam, which was very helpful, especially for non-tech people like myself.

BTW I love the branding on Susan Berkely's website. I think it is VERY creative and effective, not too abstact either. I wonder if Nancy is behind it. Check it out!

(to comment, click on entry title)

No comments:

Post a Comment