Saturday, August 9, 2008

VOICE 2008 - Marc "Cool" Cashman


Next up Marc Cashman of the award winning cashmancommercials. I met him in the "vendor hall" at his booth. He was so cool, confident and easy going and playfully chatted it up with my friend and me. I appreciated his energy and decided that I probably will do some coaching with him. First though, to make sure, I decided to go to his workshop. Voiceover Master Class. His presentation was organized, engaging and informative. I filled out one of those raffle tickets again and guess what? My name was called!! but I missed it. Yep I was in the ladies room...The guy sitting at my table when I returned asked if I was Nikki Strong. He then told me that they called my name, and treated me like I missed the opportunity of a lifetime. He scolded "Nikki timing is everything!" I think he was a bit surprised by my calm response. I told him look I can't cry over spilled milk. It happened. I missed it. I'll just learn from it and move on. When the person did the read that I was "supposed" to do, I said to myself "Darn, I would have killed that!" I then went and talked to Marc again afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment