Saturday, August 9, 2008

VOICE 2008 - Deb Munroe

The first break out session I went to was Deb Munroe's Audition Wizardry (mic-n-me). A vet in the industry, she is passionate, comical, knowledgable, entertaining and skilled in her craft. I learned alot about auditioning and took lots of notes. Some of the tips confirmed what I had already known but were great reminders. The Voice staff had us write our names on raffle tickets as we entered the ballroom. Little did I know these raffle tickets were used to pick out folk in the audience to do cold reads and illustrate various voice over ideas/principles. I PRAYED my name was NOT chosen and God obliged me LOL. Btw, Deb's daughter is soo talented! She helped with the cold reads. I was like You go DEB-my-daughter-is-fierce-MUNROE!

No comments:

Post a Comment