Saturday, August 16, 2008

Making My New Demo???

OK ...right now, I know I need to do some voice coaching and have a "reel" professionally done. Still it may take a little while b4 that actually happens in light of the transitional state I am in (looking for a new job, making extra money etc)

In the meantime, I figured I would do research on what makes a good demo

I've listened to some more demos critically now, breaking down their presentation etc. I am also looking for scripts via magazines, friends etc. to practice breaking down and reading copy.

I figured I might create an interim demo. The process of doing it, I also find, will be a great learning experience too. It's like I will have a much greater appreciation of the process when I have it professionally done.

I know that I need professionals to really assess my strengths and weaknesses and provide direction, since I have an idea as to my range, but they would be able to assess better and see things I may totally be unaware of, and of course provide a seasoned perspective. Once my money comes in, that is one of my immediate goals.

I lOOVE learning, so I am really enjoying this adventure!!

I'll have to talk to God and visualize the right advice, scripts. etc.. to come my way (and anything else I need)

At this very moment tho, I am off to the DC Salsa Congress. So, I also may need to visualize God oiling up my Salsa chops 'cause man I am RUSTY! lol

Adios!

(to comment, click on entry title)

No comments:

Post a Comment