Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Search For a Coach pt 2: DC

No I have not written in my blog recently, why? because I have been partying like a wild woman LOL. The DC Salsa Congress happened this weekend Fri-Sun. Yes I went salsa crazy! I danced so much with so little sleep that my voice was an entire octave lower all day Monday. (Awww sookie sookie Don LaFontaine look out! lol) I am so glad I did not have to do a live shift at my radio job on Monday.

A couple of things have happened in my VO world since I last blogged

1) I posted a discussion at Voiceoveruniverse, asking if anyone had found the phone I lost at VOICE 2008...Two have responded, directing me towards other people who they believe had a clue. I've emailed those folk and am waiting for a response.

2) I also posted another discussion asking if anyone knew of any good coaches in the DC area. My friend at work got coaching from Melissa Leebaert, and I wanted some more feedback. So I asked if anyone had any thoughts on her as a coach. Well I heard from someone. yea!!!!! Ilene Russell is her name, a very talented DC based talent. (I went to her website and got a big kick out of her character demo) She told me Melissa was a fine coach, almost hers in fact, but at that time the money wasn't in her budget (oh I can relate to that one Ilene!!) Later on, she was referred to John Burr, who she said was excellent. Not only am I doing some research on both, but I also asked Ilene if I can pick her brain. She consented.

I'll hit her up tonight.

3) Also got an email from Peter Rofe in regards to his small intensive training program that will take place in September. Even though I want to do it SO BAD, I may have to pass since it is not definite at this moment as to whether I will be in NY at that time. (I plan to move back there in case you didn't know)

After all that dancing I am happy to say that today, my voice is back! Me Me Me Meeeeeeeeeee! Ahem, excuse me, I meant Mi Mi Mi Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Tootles!

(to comment, click on entry title)

No comments:

Post a Comment